Monday, June 16, 2008

Disk clean-up –hang, compress old file


Disk clean-up –hang, compress old file

When performing disk clean up, my computer hang, I wait for 15 min it still the same, I restart my computer, it end hang up the same,

I try to find more information on Microsoft website, I found a related article which solve my computer problem


What I do is
To work around this problem, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. Type regedit in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
3. Locate, and then click the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches
4. On the File menu, click Export, and then click Desktop, type VolumeCaches in the File name box, and then click Save.

Note This step creates a backup of the VolumeCaches registry key. If you experience any problems after you complete the steps that are listed in this procedure, you can use this backup to restore the VolumeCaches key to its original state. To restore the key, double-click the VolumeCaches.reg file on your desktop, and then click Yes.
5. Expand the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches
6. Delete the Compress old files registry key.
7. Quit Registry Editor
The above 7 step from :: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812248

0 comments: